My daughter’s class was studying birds, and so we made these cute little nests to share with her friends. I have seen them so many times but had never made them. I was surprised by how easy they were! They tie in well with Easter and are so much fun for the kids!
My daughter chose jelly beans to put in the nests, but there are so many choices on the Easter candy aisle!
Chocolate Bird Nests
- 12 oz. package of chocolate chips
- 4-6 oz butterscotch chips
- 12 oz chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup Rice Krispies cereal optional
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch in microwave or in double boiler.
- Stir. Add in noodles and cereal.
- Place in well-greased muffin pan.
- Place 3 egg-shaped candies on top.
- Let set.
- Nests pop out easily. Makes 24.
Enjoy! ADD THESE CUTE LITTLE BIRDS TO GO WITH THE NESTS…FIND DIRECTIONS HERE
You can also make them with just butterscotch like Kate Petronis shows us below…
This recipe ties in well with this Easter book by Jan Brett…
[…] with a chocolate bird nest (find recipe for chocolate bird nests […]
[…] way to add in pretty colors is through an Easter dessert. I love making edible bird nests each spring- and my family loves eating them almost faster than I can make them! I make mini […]