These flowers will brighten anyone’s day! I love how easy these Marshmallow Flowers are to make and how much fun the kids have making them! These sweet little treats would be a perfect idea for birthday party sweets or for favors! Read on to see how to make them!
I made these with a group of children to go in a cup of strawberries. The flowers look cute popping up from a cup- it looks just like a flower pot! You can make these on a cookie base if you want a flat surface. I made these with 2 marshmallows- but there are lots of possibilities. Read on for directions on making…
TO MAKE THE FLOWERS/DAISIES YOU WILL NEED…
1. TWO MARSHMALLOWS PER FLOWER
2. A SMALL CANDY FOR EACH CENTER (I used large candy buttons, but you can use Skittles, M&M’s, etc.)
3. A LOLLIPOP STICK FOR STEM
4. RIBBON FOR BOW
5. KITCHEN SCISSORS
1. THE FIRST STEP IS TO USE A MARSHMALLOW AS A BASE.
2. USING THE 2ND MARSHMALLOW AND SCISSORS (use caution- this is obviously better for the adults to do), CUT THE MARSHMALLOW INTO “PETALS”. I USUALLY GET 5 PETALS FROM ONE MARSHMALLOW.
WHEN YOU CUT THE MARSHMALLOWS, THE PETALS FORM AUTOMATICALLY.
3. USING THE STICKY PART (the middle of the petals), ATTACH THE PETALS TO THE BASE MARSHMALLOW.
4. PRESS THE CANDY CENTER INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE FLOWER.
5. ADD A LOLLIPOP STICK. SERVE IMMEDIATELY (we served ours with strawberries). ENJOY!
A FEW HELPFUL HINTS…
The marshmallow petals are very sticky. Hold them by the edges and then press the sticky middle to the base marshmallow. It may take a couple of tries for the kids to get the hang of it. I also use waxed paper to make them on so that the marshmallows don’t stick.
If the kitchen scissors get too sticky while cutting petals, wash and dry them.
I used to make these with my 2nd grade classes at Mother’s Day. We would bake sugar cookies on a stick and frost them in pretty colors. We would then put the marshmallow petals on top of the icing to create the flower. They were lovely and fun! Mom’s loved getting a “flower” from their children! These make a sweet treat at place settings, too. A great Mother’s Day surprise or birthday party idea!
I hope you enjoy!!