For someone who loves veggies, this casserole is the perfect combination of chicken and vegetables! Bonus that it is a meal all in one- and it makes enough to plan for lunch or dinner the following day. I love the spinach and how the dish is filling and filled-with-flavor! We serve this with a simple salad. I hope you enjoy!
Chicken Artichoke Spinach Casserole
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 12 oz. canned artichoke hearts, drained and choped
- 8 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 fresh red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, diced
- 1/2 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Spray casserole dish with non-stick spray and preheat oven to 375 degrees (F).
- Cook rice in a pan according to directions.
- In a large skillet, combine parsley, bell pepper, onion and chicken and cook over medium-high heat. Cook until chicken chicken is no longer pink inside (about 10 mins.) Set aside.
- Drain chicken broth from pan and save to add in later.
- Add spinach, artichoke hearts, rice, and parmesan cheese to chicken mixture in skillet. Combine well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cream cheese, chicken broth, mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, pepper, oregano.
- Put chicken mixture in casserole dish. Pour cream cheese mixture over top. Using 2 forks, mix the ingredients in the casserole dish together.
- Bake at 375 degrees (F) for 30. mins. or until bubbly around edges. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 mins. Serve and enjoy!