Hands down, this recipe is one of the easiest and most-requested desserts I have ever made! My mom made this for us when we were kids, and then it became my signature dessert when I was a teenager. Lol- I would make it all the time! When I went to college, I continued to make it for my college friends- and then on and on. Here I am with teenagers myself, and I am still making it! The good news is that kids can easily learn to make it, too!
Easy Chocolate Chip Pie ~ A Family Favorite
- 1 Deep Dish Pie Shell
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 self-rising flour
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans
- Melt butter.
- Add slightly beaten egg.
- Add flour, sugar, chocolate chips, and pecans.
- Pour into unbaked deep-dish pie shell.
- Bake at 325 degrees (F) for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let set.
- Serve as is or enjoy with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup!
A few notes…
I put a sheet pan under the pie while it cooks to catch any over spill.
I once tried using 2 regular pie shells instead of one deep-dish pie shell. The pie was thin and not as good as when you use a deep-dish.
I check the pie at 50 mins. and then decide if it needs more minutes added to it. Because our ovens all cook differently, be sure to check it at 50 mins. to decide.
I hope you love it! Pin it for later to save it…