Meet Lee Bogle…
Lee is founder of The Southern Sideboard based in Hickory, North Carolina! Lee and I met at The Southern C and I have had the best time watching her business grow! Lee prepares meals for other families ,which makes life easier for them as they go about their busy schedules. No drive-through, fast-food meals for her customers…but ready-made homemade meals that nourish the family and help keep them on time for the next activity.
Hickory, North Carolina
What’s your family like?
“Harrison will turn 13 in June, and Spencer turned 10 this past December. Grady, our Springer Spaniel, likes my shoes as much as I do and is always sending me on scavenger hunts to find a match. He’ll sit on the bed as I run about practically mocking me, “Not even close, Mama” is what his eyes say.” He’s rotten, but I love him.
I have been dating the sweetest man, John. John has been such a great influence on my boys as we transition into our “new normal” (their father passed away) and has been my biggest cheerleader as I launch Southern Sideboard. We are also blessed with wonderful friends, community, and church family who all fill our lives with love and laughter.”
The Southern Sideboard
(@thesouthernsideboard on Instagram~give her a follow!)
What do you like the most about entertaining?
“I love all the details that go into personalizing a party and making it memorable for the guests. Due to my children’s age, I seem to be hosting more “kid parties” but love incorporating the parents. I have a big front porch, so it is fun to set tables out and have stations for the kids and a more adult-friendly party on the porch. We’ve done everything from Halloween Hot Dog Roasts to End of School Ice Cream Parties with water gun stations and bubbles. You never outgrow bubbles.”
How do you spend time on a typical day?
“Kids activities, homework, building my business, bible study work…and searching for a missing shoe thanks to the dog.”
If you could have a dinner party anywhere, where would you choose?
“The Kentucky Derby is my all-time favorite event and party to host, so I would have to say a pre-derby breakfast on the Belle of Louisville. The Belle of Louisville is a steamboat that lives on the Ohio River. How fun to take a morning ride, enjoy breakfast, and then be shuttled to Churchill Downs for Derby Day!!!!”
What are some adjectives you would use to describe yourself?
Ambitious, passionate, and empathetic
Share your favorite recipe!
Cheese Straws by Lee Bogle
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (Lee uses White Lilly)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 lb. sharp cheddar cheese room temp
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temp
- Mix flour, salt, and cayenne into a bowl.
- Cream the butter and cheese together in a mixer.
- Add flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Dump out on a floured board and roll into a log.
- Wrap and plastic wrap and chill for 20 minutes.
- Slice and bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Turn the cookie sheet and cook for another 10 minutes.
- For a special treat - top with a whole pecan half prior to cooking
- *you could also place in a cookie press with the ribbon flute instead of chilling and press out and then cook for the classic straw look!
We are so happy to have Lee as part of The Supper Club- thank you for sharing with us, Lee! Cheers to you and your business!