Cream cheese and caramel sounds like an interesting combination, right? Add green apple slices and either crushed Heath Bar or mini M&M’s and you have yourself an extra-interesting combo that makes the most surprisingly delicious party tray. It is also a treat to cure those after-school hunger pangs. My kids were definitely suspicious of the ingredients paired together, but they were pretty happy with the final results!
My favorite version of this dip is with crushed Heath bars, but my son has a tree nut allergy… which is how I ended up substituting M&M’s candy for the Heath bar. It turned out to be a perfect treat for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day! The rainbow, the green apples, and the golden caramel just lend themselves to a unique and tasty St. Paddy’s Day party food. It is so simple to make! It is self-explanatory, but I will add in the official recipe so that you can print if you would like.
- 8 oz. cream cheese block
- 6 oz. caramel topping (add more or less as you like)
- Crushed Heath Bar or Mini M&M's (your preference)
- 3-4 green apples, sliced
- Unwrap cream cheese and place on a serving dish.
- Pour desired amount of caramel topping over cream cheese. If caramel is too cold to pour, warm in microwave safe dish for about 5 seconds until it pours easily. You want the caramel to be room temperature, but you don't want the caramel to be hot.
- Slice green apples and add to platter, lining the apple slices around cream cheese and caramel.
- Top with candy.
- Dip away and enjoy!
You can add more candy around the apples to dress up the platter, if you like. Typically, it doesn’t last long! Add more caramel and candy, if needed. Serve and enjoy! I hope you love it!
For more St. Patrick’s Day sweet treats, see these posts~