My daughter requests this recipe for each holiday meal. I think it is cute because I felt the same way about this when I was a teenager. This recipe is hard to describe because it is unlike anything I’ve had or seen to which I can compare it. It is a perfect recipe for a brunch- and according to my daughter, every holiday meal that you make! I made it for Easter this year and thought I would share it with you. It is a shortcut recipe because it starts with a cornbread mix- and it doesn’t have many other ingredients to go along with it. I didn’t have a chance to take photos of it- except for when it was just out of the oven, but I thought you wouldn’t mind. Here’s the recipe…
Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Cornbread Recipe
- 1 box Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 10 oz. box of frozen broccoli cooked and drained
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- salt to taste
- Melt the stick of butter and pour into 9×13 casserole dish.
- Mix all other ingredients together.
- Pour over melted butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 30-35 minutes (or until golden brown)
- Cut into squares and serve.
Let me know when you try this recipes and how you like it! And how you would describe it! Lol! It is a crowd pleaser!