This cranberry bread is one of our family favorites that I usually start making in November and make right on through December! Here you will see it all dressed up for Christmas, but it is equally delicious to serve during Thanksgiving holidays. We love it for breakfast, and my kids will also snack on it during the day. You could also serve it as one of the breads offered at a Thanksgiving or Christmas meal- or even on the dessert table. It is sweet and delicious and loaded with cranberries!
This bread also makes a nice holiday gift- all wrapped and tied with a bow! Deliver to your neighbors, co-workers, teachers, and friends. They will enjoy having a delicious taste of the season baked by you! I used to make this for my childrens’ classes at Thanksgiving when they were younger and it was always a hit! I have passed the recipe around to other moms when their children would tell them about it. It has become a staple during the holidays at our house, and I hope you enjoy it too!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries (can sub golden raisins)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries chopped
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda into a large bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add egg, orange peel, and orange juice all at once. Stir just until mixture is evenly moist.
- Fold in dried and fresh cranberries.
- Pour into greased loaf pan (9" x 5" x 3").
- Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy!