Chili has always been one of those recipes that gets gobbled up quickly at my house- thankfully, everyone is happy when it is on the menu. Originally, I made chili that was light on spice and heavy on beans when the kids were little. Now they have grown into a heartier version with lots of beef and beans. I think it is because they really like the chili they get when they are snow skiing out west. With that in mind, my husband altered our recipe to make it more “western”. It’s always a hit, and so I wanted to pass it along to you for the cooler months. I hope this makes dinner time easier for you and that you and your family enjoy every bite! P.S. I like my chili with a lot of cheese! Haha! What do you like with chili?
Family-Favorite Hearty Chili Recipe
- 2 lbs. ground sirloin slightly drained
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1 can original Rotel
- 2 cans Northern White Beans undrained
- 1 can pinto beans undrained
- 1 can light red kidney beans undrained
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 3 tsp salt
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- Cook onion in dutch oven for 3-5 mins.Add garlic and cook for another 3 mins.Add ground sirloin and brown the meat.Add all other ingredients.Simmer for 1 hour on low.
Stay warm and cozy (and well-fed), Friends! Go here for more soup and chili recipes.