The unique flavors of cranberry, cilantro, jalapeno and onions combine to create such a tasty appetizer dip that you may find yourself making this recipe on repeat like I do! Starting in November, I make this dip any chance I have because it is always a favorite and always requested. If you like pepper jelly and cream cheese, you will really love this combination to serve at your next gathering. My entire family loves it, and I can’t count how many times I have given out this recipe over the past decade!
Cranberry Jalapeno Dip with Cream Cheese
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 3-4 chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- dash salt
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- Wheat Thins Crackers
- Place cranberries in food processor and chop coarsely.
- Add green onions, cilantro, jalapeno, sugar, cumin, lemon juice, and salt and pulse in food processor until finely chopped.
- Place mixture in a bowl and cover. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to let flavors combine. I like to make mine the night before and refrigerate overnight.
- When you are ready to serve the dip, spread softened cream cheese on a medium to large serving platter.
- Top cream cheese with the cranberry mixture. Cover the cream cheese evenly.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve with Wheat Thins or other crackers of your choice.
The cranberry jalapeno dip is such a pretty color~ and my favorite way to serve it is garnished with the remaining cilantro. At Christmas, I add cream cheese stars on top and then surround the dip with cilantro to resemble a wreath.
This recipe is truly what kicks off the holiday season for me and is my go-to for parties or for sharing with my family. We have enjoyed it while watching football, celebrating Thanksgiving with family, and hosting friends at Christmas throughout the years. I also suggest taking this dish when you need to bring an appetizer to a party. I wish I knew who to credit with the original recipe my best guess is Jamie Cooks it Up or Sparrows and Lilly It’s a good one! I hope you enjoy!