Rudolph the Reindeer looks pretty cute in doughnut form! With mini cinnamon doughnuts as the main ingredient, I promise this idea is easy to make and easy to eat!
As a treat to leave for Santa or for a treat for the little ones before Santa arrives, these little doughnuts will be devoured as quickly as they are made. The Rudolph donuts would also be a sweet treat for a Christmas breakfast or brunch. If your school allows sweets to be brought to class, these doughnuts also make a fantastic idea for class parties. They are easy enough to make for a crowd- or they can be one of the activities that the children do at the party.
To assemble the adorable Rudolph doughnuts, you will need
- mini cinnamon doughnuts (I used Entemann’s above and Tasty Kake below)
- mini candy canes
- candy eyes
- small red candy or round sprinkles
- spreader or toothpick or skewer
- Stack 2 doughnuts on top of each other.
- Insert 2 mini candy canes in the hole of the doughnut.
- Put a dab of frosting on candy eyes with toothpick and stick eyes to the doughnut.
- Add a red nose using the frosting to keep the nose in place.
- Hold by the bottom donut – serve, and enjoy!
You can also make Rudolph doughnuts with one donut at a time. You will want to break the straight end of the candy cane a little bit to shorten the candy so that it will fit in the middle of the doughnut better.
You can also use a stack of 3 doughnuts! See below for a taller Rudoloph~
Any way that you serve them, you are sure to get smiles and laughter! Kids love these (and so do adults)! I would love to see them if you make them! Tag me on Instagram so that I can find the photos and enjoy those cute Rudolph doughnuts this Christmas!
Still can’t get enough of Rudolph? You can find more Rudolph ideas on my blog!